Start the School Year off Right by Providing New Shoes for Kids in Need June 18-Aug
GGMG is partnering with My New Red Shoes to host a New Sneaker Drive from June 18- August 3.
A big thank you to everyone who has donated already. We have collected
over 82 shoes! There are thousands of homeless children in the Bay Area. Providing the gift of new shoes and clothes as these children head back to school not only increases their confidence to participate more fully in the school experience, but it provides a basic necessity that the family and shelter would not otherwise be able to afford.
As you and your children prepare for the new school year, we hope you will all take the time to consider those in need of our help. My New Red Shoes serves thousands of homeless and low-income children living in the San Francisco Bay Area each year. Each child receives a brand new pair of shoes, a $50 clothing gift card, and a special “Happy First Day” card made by a volunteer offering support and good wishes for the new year.
By donating new shoes or funds to My New Red Shoes, we as GGMG moms can truly make a difference to these children in need.
Purchasing guidelines for new shoes include:
• Brand new athletic shoes or sneakers
• Girls Youth Sizes 9 to Women’s Size 12; Boys Youth Sizes 9 to Men’s Size 16.
Please check the Amazon wishlist for the sizes most in need.
• Solid black and/or white are preferred but colors and patterns are also accepted. Please try to avoid donations of primarily blue or red shoes.
• Shoes should be in their original box with the price tag removed. Shoes must be well-constructed. Often times these will be the student’s only pair of shoes for the whole year
My New Red Shoes can NOT accept shoes that are used, open-toed, slip-on, sandals, flip flops, dress shoes or boots, or shoes that are smaller than a youth size 9.
Please consider joining us in support of My New Red Shoes in one of four ways:
1. Amazon Wishlist: Purchase shoes online from the GGMG / My New Red Shoes wish list and have them mailed to My New Red Shoes. These shoes have been intentionally chosen based on sizes, gender, style and affordability. http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JCAX5UH9CNIH/ref=cm_wl_huc_title
If "gift options" are available, click "This Will Be A Gift" after adding your item to the cart. Provide your name, contact info, & GGMG in the gift message so we can send you a thank you. This will not always be an available option. If you weren't able to include a gift message, send My New Red Shoes an email (email@example.com) to let them know to be on the lookout for your package and to be sure she knows it’s coming through the GGMG drive! When checking out, choose to "Ship to My New Red Shoes - Gift Registry Address" or enter their address: Sobrato Center for Nonprofits - Redwood Shores, My New Red Shoes, 330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 135, Redwood City, CA 94065
2.Order Online: Order online through your preferred retailer and have the shoes sent to My New Red Shoes. Please be sure that your shoes meet the shoe guidelines (above) and send them to Sobrato Center for Nonprofits - Redwood Shores, My New Red Shoes, 330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 135, Redwood City, CA 94065. If there is an option to include your name and address and a note that you are with GGMG, please do so. If not, shoot My New Red Shoes an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let them know to be on the lookout for your package and to be sure she knows it’s coming through the GGMG drive!
3. Donate Cash: Donate funds directly to My New Red Shoes online at: www.mynewredshoes.org. Just make sure to mention GGMG in the company line! For every $25 we donation, My New Red Shoes can put one pair of shoes on a child in need.
4. Volunteer Drop Off: Drop off brand new shoes with a GGMG volunteer or directly at My New Red Shoes. If you’d like a tax receipt, please include a paper with your name and contact information along with the shoes when you drop them off. To drop off new shoes or for more information on the drive, please contact Cori at email@example.com.
Tax deduction: Your donations are tax-deductible and My New Red Shoes will provide you with a receipt.
Please remember to include your address with your donation so MNRS can send a thank you note.
Thank you so much for your support of this Drive!
Additional information an be found
Please contact Cori at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
discussion forums are the most popular and
widely-used resource for GGMG members. Click
here to learn
more about what types of posts are allowed in the forums and how you
can make the most of these online discussions.